Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What my Blogs are about?

This blog is specifically for my Art of Podcasting class.  I will be posting all my assignments on this blog as well as all my posts from both my Blogs: So You Wanna Dance and In Loving Memory: The Gathering Place.  This way, you can keep track of how many posts I have made all on one blog.

So You Wanna Dance is a blog for me to post about my Hip Hop dance team here at OSU.  Furthermore, I intend to post instructional videos on foundations of dance in many categories such as ballet, tap, jazz, and hip hop.  I will also be posting links and dance videos of interest.

In Loving Memory: The Gathering Place, my other blog, originally started off as a discussion board  for people who have lost loved ones or know someone experiencing a loss.  I don't think many, if any, people have viewed it, let alone comment, so now it has become a personal blog for me.  At first, I was disappointed that no one viewed my blog and was even worried that if people viewed it, they would judge me or my experiences.  Now, I realized that I do not care as much what people think.  By writing in this blog, I have forced myself to address issues, emotions, and memories which I typically push aside.  Although some of those posts are difficult to write, I feel relieved and much happier after I write my thoughts down.  

I realize that So You Wanna Dance and In Loving Memory: The Gathering Place are two very different blogs.  I created So You Wanna Dance because dancing is a hobby which I am deeply invested in and passionate about.  I feel this blog is more lighthearted and "fun" for me to update.  It allows me to share my passion with other people and also allows me to keep myself updated on my dancing.  In Loving Memory: The Gathering Place is more serious.  Although it is not a chore to post in that blog, it certainly requires a lot of emotional strain.

No comments: